Makeup has been with us for decades now. It dates back to approximately 12,000 years ago in Egypt. It has become a necessary seasoning for most women today. Consequently, hundreds of cosmetic companies with famous makeup brands today are making billions or maybe trillions trying to fulfill the unending women’s desire to look better and better.
Women (and some men too) have been spending some quality time in front of a mirror since time immemorial. Mark you, this behavior is not ending anytime soon. Research has it that the average woman spends approximately $15,000 on makeup in her lifetime. Research has also shown that they spend approximately two weeks of life putting it on.
From soot during the ancient Egyptians to lead paint for the Elizabethans, more ‘beauty companies’ continue to emerge bringing with them different types of these essentials. Women apply makeup for various reasons; confidence, to look young, to appear older, for other people, for attraction, etc. A company that helps women achieve these needs is likely to make a fortune.
So, today, what are the best makeup brands for the modern woman? The answer to this question has been ‘googled’ almost on a daily basis.
From the various beauty brands we have today, we compiled a list of the best 10 for you. We trust that these brands’ products will bring out the inherent beauty in you. These are brands whose products never lack a 5-star rating in reviews.
Welcome to the ‘Super-Models only’ zone!
10. Origins- Powered by nature, proven by science
For the lovers of natural beauty products, Leonard Lauder is the man to thank. He started this company in 1990. Origins specialize in natural makeup products. After about 16 years now, Origins has more than 2000 stores worldwide and is spreading further. No other brand can hold a candle to origins beauty products. Its collaboration with Dr. Andrew Weil who deals with inflammation and sensitive skin products only makes it harder.
Origins most favorite products
- Make a difference night cream– it is one of Origins’ newest products. It is ideal for people suffering from dry skin.
- GinZing Refreshing eye cream– this cream has a peachy shimmer which helps you stay awake and bright.
- Drink up overnight mask– the best thing about this cream is that it is not greasy on the face. It is a solution for people with dry and flakey skin especially the face. The best time to apply it is when going to bed.
- Mega Mushroom skin relief serum– for people with sensitive skin, then this is right for you. It has also been found to relief and reduces redness. Just like Drink up, this serum is also not greasy and sinks into your skin fast. However, for people with acne prone skin, this product can cause some irritation. This is because it has several essential oils and fragrances.
- Liquid Lip Color
- Original Skin
- Origins Reflections Foundation
- Origins Once Upon a Shine
- High-Potency Night-A-Mins Skin Refining oil
9. Bare Minerals
Every woman needs to feel beautiful. Again, most people are very sensitive to what they offer to their skin today than never before. It is on this basis that Bare Minerals endeavor to produce 100% natural products. This company offers products that are good and healthy for its customers’ skin.
With their vast knowledge of minerals and the potential in them, they continue to deliver products meant for renewing, nourishing and energizing the skin. Active soil complex is the largest component in Bare Minerals’ products. This ingredient together with other micro and macro protects the skin against the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
Best Bare Minerals makeup and skin care products
- Bare Minerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara
- Mineral Veil Minerals
- Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss
- Bare Minerals Original Foundation
- All Over Face Color In Pure Radiance
- Flawless Definition Mascara
- Bare Mineral Glimmer Shadow In Noble
- Bare Mineral Facial Cleanser
Deans and Davis started this gigantic beauty brand in a photo studio in Culver City. You would not be wrong if you referred Smashbox as the ‘Celebrities’ hideout’. Smashbox has some of the most expensive beauty products. This is partly because its products were first created, tested and photographed in a photo studio. Mac you, it was not just a photo studio; this is where most celebrities converged for iconic photographs. What would you expect of a makeup made to withstand hot photo studio lights, wind machines, and action? You said it right, EXCELLENT. Though its face products are way expensive, they are known to be of high quality, light on your skin, and keeping the skin clear.
Of late, Smashbox has introduced its 3 in 1 Mascara and just like its other products, it has already started taking the market by storm.
Smashbox top products
- Smashbox Color Correcting Stick
- InstaMatte Lipstick Transformer
- Smashbox Liquid Lipstick
- Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Kit
- Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation
- Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner
- Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer
7. Estee Lauder
Estee Lauder is a prestigious beauty and cosmetics company in the United States founded by Joseph and Estee Lauder. It is famous around the globe for its state-of-the-art skin care, makeup, fragrance, and hair care products. It is recognized for its high-performance lipsticks, foundations, perfumes, moisturizing lotions and nail paints amongst others. It is one company that is proving tough to beat in this highly competitive industry. Some of its top products are;
- Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Liquid Lip Lotion
- Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup
- Daywear BB Antioxidant Beauty Benefit Crème SPF 35
- Bronze Goddess Powder Bronzer
- Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Eye Balm
- Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti-Aging Mask Boost
- Estee Lauder Micro Essence Skin Activating Treatment Lotion
- Sumptuous Infinite Daring Length + Volume Mascara
- Double Wear Stay-In-Place Flawless Wear Concealer
6. RMS Beauty
RMS stands for Rose-Marie Swift, the name of the founder. If you didn’t know, then this is the woman who has been behind the makeup of famous celebrities all over; Celine Dion, Demi Moore, Sophia Coppola, Zoe Saldana, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren to name but a few.
Having taken care of such big names, do I need to say much about her products quality?
RMS cosmetic products come from raw, food grade and organic ingredients. It aims at offering pure anti-aging products with long-term benefits. Talking of pure, we mean that the cosmetics do not contain harmful chemicals, genetically modified organisms, and inorganic preservatives. RMS uses the nutrients in their purest form so as to give its users a nourished, hydrated and soft skin.
However, RMS products have coconut oil as an ingredient and may need some refrigeration during the warm weather.
This beauty products giant is amongst the oldest. Its headquarters are in Los Angeles, California. It was started by Emanuel Stolaroff in 1930. At this time, the company was known as Natone. Natone used to supply cosmetics and beauty products to Hollywood industry salons. In the 1940s Natone started producing its beauty products for the US market.
Today, Neutrogena is the number 1 choice for many models and celebrities. It offers high-quality skin and hair care products. Its products are meant to maintain the pH of your skin. The products also moisturize the skin, gives it health and a glowing complexion.
Neutrogena 2018 Top Products:
- Rapid Dark Circle Repair Eye Cream
- Healthy Skin Anti-Aging Perfector Moisturizing Retinol Treatment SPF 20
- Skin Clearing Complexion Perfection Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment
4. Kjaer Weis
Just like RMS, Kirsten Kjaer came up with this line of products after realizing how certain cosmetic product affected her clients. She was determined to come up with alternative cosmetics from safer and natural ingredients. It was then that she took on an eight-year journey of a research to produce cosmetics from 100% safe organic ingredients.
Today, Kjaer Weis beauty products continue to gain fame and approval from all over the internet. Kjaer Weis packages its products in beautiful, metallic refillable compacts targeting clients with a heart for luxurious things.
Kjaer Weis 2018 top products:
Maybelline was created in the year 1915 by Tom Lyle. He was 15 years at this time. He saw his sister using a mixture of Vaseline and coal dust to make her eyelashes a darker look. It was then that using some chemistry, he came up with a product called lash-in-blow-line. Later on, he changed the name to Maybelline. In 1971, Maybelline came up with Maybelline Cake Mascara. Mind you, this was the first modern eye cosmetic.
Today, Maybelline is selling its products in more than 120 countries globally. It is also leading in the world of lipsticks, nail polish, eyeliners, mascara, eyeshadows, etc.
2. MAC-(Make-up Art)
This company was established in Toronto by Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo. Toskan was a makeup artist and photographer while Angelo was a salon owner. These 2 lacked products with colors that would do well with their photography career. As such, they began a mission to create their products that would meet their professional needs.
Today, MAC brings together culture, beauty, and fashion. MAC has different products designed for different clients. It also has different celebrity endorsers who keep it a notch higher. They include Lady Gaga, Victoria Beckham, Lisa Marie amongst others.
1. L’Oreal – The Best of MakeUp Brands in the World
It was founded in 1909 by Eugene Schueller. L’Oreal is apparently the world leader in the beauty industry. It is a prestigious brand currently in 130 countries and in 5 continents. L’Oreal based in France aims at providing the best cosmetics for both men and women around the world.
L’Oreal believes that there is a close link between beauty and diversity. As such, it strives to produce cosmetics that fit the diversity of its consumers.
L’Oreal 2018 Top products