Top 5 Richest Millionaire and Philanthropists who Make Charities that Help Homeless People in the World written by: judithpretty1 Top 5 Richest Millionaire and Philanthropists who Make Charities that Help Homeless People in the World
Believe it or not, there are several millionaires and philanthropists that exist around the world. Each of these millionaires and philanthropists have donated lump sums towards various charities to benefit companies and global needs. Philanthropists and billionaires alike, much like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, where they gave away half their earnings to charities. However, some of these philanthropists donated to benefit programs that encouraged growth of everyone but an important percentage of people – the homeless.
Charities that help the homeless include StandUp For Kids, Human Rights Watch, and Salvation Army, to name a few. Celebrities, millionaires, and philanthropists alike have even designed and established their own charities to build acknowledgment toward the growing epidemic of poverty and homelessness.
1. The late Elinor Sauerwein donated $1.7 million to the Salvation Army located in Modesto, California. According to the Los Angeles times, Elinor and her husband were quiet millionaires, and didn’t spend money unless she absolutely needed to. The kind-hearted Sauerwein was 96 when she died and has left a large legacy for herself as a charitable individual.
2. JK Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series, was once a billionaire – and dropped to millionaire status due to her philanthropic ways. The author funds and holds a We Are Lumos charity for kids in need of shelter, love, and care; she also established Volant Charitable Trust with an annual budget of £5.1 million. The Volant Charitable Trust works to end poverty and social inequality.
3. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation works to give equal life and quality of life on a global scale. Bill and Melinda Gates have donated over $28 million to this charity and has kept the world improving. The charity has worked to improve education, health care, shelter, and food sources around the world; the charity also has a website with pages to educate users on the stigma that foreign aid is a waste and that countries do not improve with help.
4. Warren Buffett has agreed to give away 83% of his fortune to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. At a net worth of $63 billion, that figures about $52 billion will be going to this Foundation – and the remaining percent will be given to the Buffett Foundation, dedicated to Warren’s late wife.
5. Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation, founded by rockstar Jon Bon Jovi, is a charity that helps feed and shelter the homeless. It assists in finding homes for low-income families, and has successfully helped 260 individuals and families out of their struggling state.
The JBJ Soul Kitchen is a restaurant and part of this foundation, and allows customers to pay what money they have for a meal, or choose to work to pay for it. The singer has donated over $1 million dollars to Hurricane relief victims, offering them shelter, food, and other basic needs to help them through the tragedies.